Friday, April 4, 2008

Top Ten

Here are the Top 10 questions I've been asked since I came to the US.
And some of my answers.


1. Is Mexico a country?
Yes, that large area (761,606 sq. miles) that borders California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas is a country.

2. How did you get here?
Aah, on an airplane.

3.Are you here to pick the fruit?
No, unless is from the produce section at the supermarket.

4.Do you speak Mexican?
No, I speak Spanish. Spanish is also spoken in about 18 other countries as an official language and many more as a second or non-recognized language.

5.Did you get your house for FREE?
I wish, but NO, I am still paying for it!

6.Do you pay TAXES?
Doesn't everybody?

7.Do you eat beans everyday? Do they give you gas?
No, I don't eat beans every day. Do they give YOU gas??

8.Had you ever had pizza before?
Yes I have, and NO it didn't have beans on it.

9.Do you know how to use a cell phone?
Yes, I do.

10. Do you sleep on the floor?
No, unless I'm camping somewhere.

These are actual questions asked to me by either well intended friends or random people on the store, hospital, school, etc.

I feel like sometimes people in the US look at Mexico more as a foreign planet than a neighboring country, maybe that's why we immigrants are called "Aliens".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, funny Channoa, very funny!

Beans? Free gas? It's hilarious!

Mollie Cox Bryan said...

Hey, I have had pizza with beans, It's pretty good...;-)

Anonymous said...

your are freakin hilarious! Don't forget to mention the cars in the yard!-Sarah

Gaia's Gifts said...

LOL Paloma! so funny!