Thursday, May 22, 2008

Home again

Hi everyone, I'm happy to tell you that I'm writing from Mexico, I love the US, it's a place a called home for a very long time, but at this point in my life I felt I needed to go back to my roots, to be able to regain an identity that seemed to be fading away.

I've been in my hometown for about two weeks now, and I must say, it feels really weird, everything is so different, yet the same, the town has grown so much, there's new schools, stores and so on on every corner, and overpasses everywhere. But the people is the same, the tight bonds shared with family and friends are as strong as ever, unweakened by time, if anything, stronger even.

It was so strange walking into my parents house, althoug it has been remodeled and has additions and what not, it was like I had been there yesterday and nothing was new, the same smells and sounds were still there, it almost broght tears to my eyes when I went in what used to be my room, now with a huge closet I wish had been there in my teenage years, hahaha.

My children love being around so many cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends, for them language is not a barrier, they are happy just to play with whomever is visiting at the moment and enjoy every bit of it.

I'm still on the quest of becoming an American, but this time it will be on different terms, and even if takes 20 more years, I know one day I'll hold in my hands the "green card" I've so longed for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to you and I pray that you get your dream sooner rather than later. As for the rebate check, I am sorry to hear that our country cannot honor those who put sweat back into the workforce and think it is an injustice.

Anonymous said...

Viva Mexico!

Hope you get that "green card" someday. Good Luck!